In the aftermath of a fire, significant values can already be 1-20 parts per million (ppm. Depending on the period of time between the occurrence of the fire and the examination, potential VOC gases might have partially disappeared. As a result, values always vary and sometimes the measured values can reach 100 ppm or more.
Most extinguishing foams used by fire teams contains proteins and other hydrocarbon compounds which can produce falsified results and make usable measurements difficult.
Investigators require a solution for the fast discovery of potential arson incident accelerants, and initial crime scene VOC assessment.
The Tiger PIDs are perfect for arson investigation. The instruments have a rugged design, are ready to use within seconds, easy to operate with gloves.
Utilizing the TIGER’s unique patented fence electrode technology within its photoionization detection (PID) sensor, TIGER utilizes humidity resistant and anti-contamination design and is ideal for use in harsh, high humidity environments.
The Fire Investigation Kit Includes:
• TIGER (as specified) handheld VOC detector for rapid, accurate response to VOCs
• 1m Flexiprobe for versatile, practical detection of VOCs in hard-to-reach places
• Bump test pen for simple, quick reassurance that your detector is responding to the presence of volatiles prior to use
• AA TIGER battery pack for emergency power source during long shifts or when access to a charging point is not available
• Charging cradle & travel charge adapter for remote charging of your instrument on the go
• Exhaust barb which can be connected to a collection bag to allow users to collect samples for further lab analysis
• Quick start guide for ease of use and no specialized training required
• PTFE filters (pack of 10) spares are provided for quick and simple TIGER maintenance
• Rugged Carry Case for easy, secure and robust transportation of the TIGER and accessories
• Integrated flashlight ideal for use within dark or dimly lit areas
Order from ICON Safety and receive a free upgrade to 5 year instrument warranty!*
The leading technology of the TIGER makes it the most advanced, low-cost handheld VOC detector on the market giving you the most accurate, reliable results you can count on, every time. Whether deciding to wear PPE or checking head space for compliance TIGER gives confidence that the right decision will be made in all environments, humid or dusty.
- Fast 2 second response time
- Intrinsically safe; meets ATEX, IECEx, UL, and CSA standards
- Patented humidity resistance to 99% RH
- Accurate results across all environments 0.1-5000ppm
- Li-ion battery 24 hour continuous operational run time
This variant of the hugely popular TIGER VOC meter is low on cost but high on performance. Its revolutionary, patented PID (photoionization detector) sensor technology with humidity resistance and anti-contamination design provide market leading accuracy and run time. Combined with 24 hour battery life, these features maximize field time by minimizing erroneous readings in high humidity and drift in harsh environments.
The world’s leading PID manufacturer, ION Science’s PID sensor technology has also received independent verification as the best performing on the market for its speed of response, accuracy and linearity.
The instrument has been designed with the user in mind for ease of use and servicing. Batteries can be replaced in potentially explosive environments due to the innovative Intrinsically Safe design. Low cost filters and lamps can be easily changed in minutes, minimizing instrument downtime. Fast battery charging allows the instrument to be fully charged in just six hours.
TIGER offers simple, one handed operation even when wearing multiple pairs of thick gloves. Its rugged design and protective, removable rubber boot withstand harsh environmental conditions.
The large, clear back-lit display allows for easy viewing in any light condition. An integrated torch is designed for directing the instrument’s probe into dimly lit areas. The illuminated keypad activates when light is low.
TIGER is a ground breaking, low cost entry level PID with all the essential functions you need for handheld VOC monitoring and detection. The instrument has the lowest running costs on the market with inexpensive disposable parts, lamps and filters.
Best available photoionization detection (PID) sensor
- PID independently verified as best performing on the market
- Accurate results across all environments
- Patented humidity resistance to 99% RH - no compensation needed
- Anti-contamination design minimizes drift and extends run time
- Fastest 2 second response time and rapid clear down
- Anti-contamination design reduces calibration frequency
- Li-ion battery for up to 24 hours continuous operation
- 6.5 hours battery charge time maximizes up time
- Batteries field replaceable, even in explosive environments
- Filters and lamps replaceable in minutes
- Simple icon driven menu requires minimal user training
Ease of use
- User selectable response factors for direct concentration readout
- Intuitive, easy to use software
- Large clear keypad for easy operation when wearing gloves
- Ergonomic design allows simple one handed operation
- Large, clear visual display
- Torch and back-lit keypad for low light conditions
- Push-to-log data logging, 128 zones, 80,000 points
- Designed for easy service
- 95 dBA, bright LED and vibration alarms alert you to gases present
- Intrinsically safe; meets ATEX, IECEx, UL and CSA standards Low cost
- Entry level VOC detector with all the essential functions
- Inexpensive consumables and parts for low cost operation
* For 5 year warranty upgrade, requires registration online within 30 days of purchase.