GfG Instrumentation IR 29 Series Gas TransmitterIR transmitters have become recognized as reliable gas warning systems for explosion protection. They are used to detect individual combustible gases or a wide range of gases. A special feature of the IR 29 technology is its ability to also measure combustible gases above the lower explosion limit. Moreover, the measurement does not require oxygen. With this technology there is basically no risk of contaminating the sensor.
The IR 29 is the first and only intrinsically safe IR gas transmitter with patented 4-beam 4-wavelength technology. The ignition protection class “intrinsically safe”, which is so essential for industrial plants and the mining industry, is achieved by the additional use of the SB1 safety barrier and its internationally patented and innovative design.
The IR 29 is the first IR gas transmitter that can also be used in Ex zone 0 and which enables maintenance as well as replacement of the sensor head without additional expense when energized.
- First intrinsically safe infrared transmitter for explosion protection
- ATEX II 1G Ex ia IIC T4 Ga C0158 can also be used in Ex zone 0
- Temperature, moisture and pressure compensation
- Patented infrared technology (NDIR)
- The energized IR sensor head can be replaced in Ex areas
- Maintenance and service-friendly